Just started drinking it, find it smooth and palatable.
Our family loves matcha and bought loads of premium ceremonial grade matcha from japan for drinking- but all too expensive for baking. These smells, taste and look fantastic when made into cakes. Will be trying out more matcha recipes with these soon. Definitely recommend and for the price- you get loads. Will definitely repurchase once we run out.
I’m into good health and love all things japanese. Match is something i have interest in for a while now as you hear a lot about it’s health benefits and wanted to incorporate it into my diet. I do drink green tea so initially wanted to try a ceremonial grade but started with culinary grade as it is more cost effective and lot easier to add to a morning smoothie/latte or a baked recipe such as cookies, brownies flapjacks etc. This match came nicely packaged in a resealable bag and was larger than expected. Definitely a strong green tea taste which is what you get with this culinary grade. Tried drinking on its own, but it is a bit bitter so will try a ceremonial one at a later date. I did consider other brands, but make sure you look carefully where the green tea powder comes from – the better quality ones are from japan while a lot of the cheaper ones are from china which you should steer clear from. Nice also its properly certified organic. Will buy again when finished – probably in a couple of months given the size of the bag. Here are the specifications for the Revelation Organics Organic Matcha Tea Powder 100g – Premium Japanese Culinary Grade – FREE eBook With 10 Easy Matcha Recipes – Certified Organic Direct From Nishio Japan – Perfect For Cooking Baking Lattes and Smoothies:
- OUR PREMIUM JAPANESE MATCHA GREEN TEA POWDER is perfect for cooking, baking, blending, lattes, and smoothies.
- DISCOVER MATCHA RECIPES with our free eBook. Create delicious cookies, cakes, smoothies and more, all with the rich aroma of green tea matcha.
- 100% CERTIFIED ORGANIC MATCHA green tea powder from Japan’s renowned Nishio region, not an inferior China product.
- PREPARE THE PERFECT MATCHA TEA – measure a single scoop 1-2 grams with a chashaku (bamboo spatula), add 80ml hot water water, then whisk using a chasen (bamboo whisk) until a smooth froth appears. Delicious!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! If you’re not happy, we’re not happy – contact us for an immediate refund if you are not satisfied in any way.
I’ve read abounthe health benefits of matcha tea and although i’m not buying into the matcha flavoured everything fad that seems to have caught on, i have to say i was intrigued by the antioxidant values and metabolism boosting properties that have been reported. I’ve recently cut sugar, sweeteners, processed and fried foods out of my diet in an effort to lose weight, feel healthier and have more energy and a natural, safe product that could boost those targets sounded great. First off, i hate green tea in tea bags, bitter and disgusting. But this smelt so fresh when opening it, i was reminded of the smell of fresh cut grass in the spring, the colour is a deep, vibrant green and the powder is so fine and delicate. I followed the instructions, used a bamboo frother and tried it. It was so mild, no bitterness, just a smooth, velvety bowl of goodness. And despite the reviews saying otherwise, there were no lumps whatsoever. I love that it’s organic, it means i’m not drinking pesticides.
Tastes just like the one i had in japan.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Perfect for making matcha flavoured goodies
- I paid full price for this product and not being paid for this review
- Real organic Japanese matcha for cooking
It’s in a quiet taste but gives you a massive energy boost. I’m not overly keen on any type of matcha but this one is not too bad, especially with hot milk as a matcha late. One drink gives you so more energy than several cans of red bull.Fast deliver and competitively priced. Just about to order another pack for work :-).
Very good grade japaneese matcha. It took me quite a while to find genuine japaneese matcha.