Having lived in japan for a good few years, i was subject to quite a few green tea ceremonies. I bought the culinary grade tea (113g), primarily to make ice green tea lattes that i have a right craving for at the moment. Well i can say this stuff is the real mccoy. Even though it is culinary grade it tastes just like i remember it. To make an ice green tea latte. . Microwave a little milk with sugar to dissolve the sugar. Put ice in a tall glass and half fill with milk. The other half of the milk put a few drops in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and add in 1/4 teaspoon of tea powder.
I am having problems dissolving this in 80degree water. I am always left with a sediment at the bottom of the cup which i dislike. Also i am confused- if the temperature should not exceed 80degrees, then if i make cakes with them at 180degrees, surely the antioxidants will not work as they are over heated. Please explain if you can in the comments below. Here are the specifications for the Kiss Me Organics Matcha Tea Powder – Powerful Antioxidant Japanese Organic Culinary Grade – 113 grams:
- 100% Certified Organic Matcha. Increases energy and focus, and lifts your vitality and concentration with the slow release of nutrients. Our Matcha provides hours of steady energy without the caffeine crash.
- Natural Calorie Burner. Increases the rate of thermogenesis and helps maintain a healthy metabolism to naturally support weight loss goals.
- Health Grade Packaging. Comes in a BPA-free airtight pack. allowing you to keep your matcha fresher for longer, and can be used to make matcha lattes, smoothies, and can be added to baked goods.
- Powerful Antioxidant. Contains 137x the antioxidants of brewed green tea and 30% recommended daily dose of manganese (a powerful antioxidant that improves skin, bones, and several other systems) per gram of powder.
- Lifetime Guarantee. At Kiss Me Organics we’re serious about your satisfaction. If for any reason, you are unhappy with your Kiss Me Organics purchase, you can return it at any time for a no-questions-asked, 100% money back refund.
Perfect for you and your love ones. The product comes packed just as seen in the images. You get a green resalable pouch with the products image and information. The pouch contains 4 oz or 113 g. Love the fact that is all organic. I have been only taking around one gram diluted in water to be able to compare it. It dissolves quite well, you just need to make sure you don’t get any grumps in the mix. Matcha green tea powder has a long list of benefits which include: antioxidants including egcg, boosts metabolism, detoxifies naturally your body cells, is rich in fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins, lowers cholesterol and blood sugar and many more. I find it to be of great help to improve your health and help your body fight diseases. Might need some sweetener or mixed it in a smoothie to make it more amenable to drink. So far i have no had any adverse reactions from taking this product. I also have not found any disadvantages from taking this product. Happy with the quantity and quality of the product for the price you pay.
Authentic taste and great customer service. Excellent quality culinary grade matcha. We use there to make matcha ice cream, cakes, pancakes, and also bread. We visited japan recently and just fell in love with all things green tea. You just can’t buy these things in supermarkets and this is the quality product you need to recreate that authentic matcha taste. Also, the customer service is second to none. Answered queries quick and happy to sort out any problems.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Great quality and perfect taste
- great green tea and more
- I drink quite a bit of tea and like to think of myself as someone who knows what
Great long lasting energy boost. Great tasting drink and i can confirm it definitely has a slow release energy that doesn’t make you crash. Have tried it in smoothies and as a latte and it’s delicious. Can’t really say about the slimming effects just yet and i still want to try it in some cupcakes, i love the green colour.But anyway i’d definitely recommend it :).
I drink quite a bit of tea and like to think of myself as someone who knows what. I drink quite a bit of tea and like to think of myself as someone who knows what matcha should taste like. Now if there’s anyone that complains about the taste, it’s only because they were expecting some other product, this is pure matcha, nothing added to it. That being said, this is not some magical product. It doesn’t dissolve any different than other premium matcha, it doesn’t have a considerably higher level of antioxidants or the like and challenge any product that claims so to put their claims to the test via hard data. What you get here is clean tasting, extremely flexible, and organic matcha. The size of the bag is perfect. I should note that i am currently deployed and have little access to the facilities to make a great cup of tea. One of the great things about matcha however is that you need only a blender bottle and ice and you have a perfect iced matcha for the iraq heat. Let me tell you, nothing like the grassy, subtly sweet taste to get your morning started right.